Sunday, February 26, 2012

Adventures In Laundering

Laundry is one of the only downsides to living in a dorm.  Not only are the washers and dryers always full, and terribly inefficient, but you also have to pay RIDICULOUS fees (A WHOLE 2 dollars?  Really?  Why don’t I just pay you in the gold nuggets I have laying around my room?  Oh wait.  That’s right.  I’m not a damn leprechaun!).


The other day I was grievously ill, and after a few classes I returned home to my bed intending on sleeping for at least 19.365 hours.  


But it was so hard to get to sleep... because I knew it was there.  It was there in the corner of my closet.  Taunting me.  Cajoling me.  It was my overflowing laundry hamper.  


I had neglected it for too long, so I scavenged for quarters to deal with this problem.  But finding quarters in my room is like finding logic in Wonderland.


Eventually I got all my stuff together and got to the elevator.  Everyone knows that elevator rides are awkward, but the levels of awkward are multiplied exponentially when there is a hamper full of sundry items in your arms.



Upon my arrival to the laundry room, I realize that there are no empty washers.  But several of them ARE done, so I go to the nearest one and unloaded its slightly damp contents into the hamper that was on top of the machine.  I put the hamper to the side, slipped my clothes into the washer, said farewell to my quarters one by one, and slouched back to my room for a quick nap. 


I woke with a start, because I fell off of my bed.  Weirder things have happened, honestly.  Like, honey badgers.  What’s the deal with that?


After a trek back down to the laundry room, I find a sticky note on my washing machine. 



I stared blankly at the note, until I realized the lengths to which this angry girl had gone to tell me just how upset she was.  I could only imagine her rage at seeing her marginally damp clothes piled nicely into her hamper.






In a fit of unimaginable rage, she alighted back to her room with what I can only imagine was inhuman speed.


She fumbled around until she found a sticky note and a gel pen, and wrote it out...



Then she sprinted back to my washer and stuck it right on there for me to find.  Which I did. 
So I guess the moral of this story is to… never do laundry again.  I’ve sure learned my lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment